Q: i have a 03 Mitsubishi galant and my service engine soon light came on. should i get an oil change?

asked by on October 03, 2017

My service engine soon light came on. I was wondering should I get an oil change? My car also stalls when i first start it. after the first time the rest of the day it starts fine.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Victoria. Thanks for contacting us today. If the engine is stalling occasionally, it’s likely due to a fuel system component failure, such as a mass air flow sensor or other fuel system component. The warning light or service engine soon light typically illuminates when recommended maintenance is due, beyond oil changes. Since you’re having the stalling problems, I would recommend having a warning light inspection completed first, so you can have the oil change and other services completed at the same time; which can save you a lot of money.