Q: I have a 2008 Saturn aura... it won't start my dash board keeps saying engine power reduced

Throttle body plate just keeps ticking once I connect the positive battery plug... dash board keeps reading engine power reduced car won't start... it cranks but won't start up

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Engine power reduced is a fail safe mode that many cars use today to protect the engine or transmission from further damage and to keep the driver safe when the engine or transmission is experiencing a critical failure. In your case, it sounds like this may be something related to the fuel injection system. In order to more specifically determine what may be causing this, you will need to have the car hooked up to a scanning tool to download any potential fault codes the computer may have registered. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your Check Engine Light symptoms so that this can be corrected.

• I have a 2008 Saturn aura... it won't start my dash board keeps saying engine power reduced