Q: Check Engine light coming on after timing belt replacement.

My car recently had a timing belt replaced. Afterward, the car started giving me an ECU error P0018, Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 2 Sensor A. The car runs, idles, and drives fine; however, the Check Engine light is coming on, the Traction Control Light is on, and the Cruise Control Light is blinking. problems?

A: Hi there. Fault P0018 after a timing belt r...

Hi there. Fault P0018 after a timing belt replacement generally indicates that at least 1 cam is off timing, usually by one one tooth if the engine still runs well. The correlation fault is saying that the crankshaft position in comparison to the bank 2 cylinder head camshafts is not reading the same. The front cover will have to be removed and timing checked again. Because of this discrepancy, it is possible that this is the cause of the traction control being disabled along with the cruise control, it is simply a failsafe. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect fault codes and adjust the ignition timing to make sure no problems arise in the future.