Q: Rough transmission, is it broken?

The automatic transmission in my 2011 Chrysler 200 is just about the least smooth transmission I have ever had in a car. The jolts it sends through the car with every gear are getting really tiresome and I am not going to deal with it much longer. It started acting up around 4,000 miles in (at 16,000 now) and now every downshift is rough and moves me in my seat. I am too old to be jostled around like this! What will fix this?

The shifting on your transmission is computer controlled and you are not alone with harsh transmission shifting complaints. There are lots of owners that have the same or similar issues you are having. The manufacturer and its dealers have not said anything regarding these six speed shifting complaints except that it is normal and no fix is needed. As far as a technician being able fix it, there is not much they can do unfortunately, because the shifting is all done electrically through the transmission control module and the manufacturer controls that software. One good note however, is that a hard shifting transmission usually gets less wear than a soft shifting transmission.

3. Rough transmission, is it broken?