Q: 2005 pontiac g6 won't start unless I tap gas pedal and turn key to start at same time.. Also hesitates a bit while driving.

I have to tap on the gas pedal and turn the key simultaneously in order for my car to start.. Then I have to let off gas pedal and tap again very quickly in order for it to stay started.. Also While driving it hesitates..

You may have a malfunctioning idle air control valve. By holding the throttle open manually by depressing the accelerator pedal, you are allowing enough air in for the car to start. If the fault is not the idle air control valve, there could be another issue in the air induction system. Inasmuch as the hard starting could be related to the hesitation issue I suggest you request a hard start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2005 pontiac g6 won't start unless I tap gas pedal and turn key to start at same time.. Also hesitates a bit while driving.