My 2014 Nissan Rogue is stuck in sport mode. No matter wh...

Q: My 2014 Nissan Rogue is stuck in sport mode. No matter what I do, the panel indicates sport. Concerned about resulting wear & tear

asked by on October 14, 2017

My 2014 Nissan Rogue is stuck in sport mode. I turned my car on to discover that the panel indicated that my car was in sport mode despite the fact that I never pressed the sport button. I tried to press it to turn it off, to no avail. Tried again multiple times. It reads that the car is in sport as soon as I turn it on, which is unusual because the car is supposed to turn the sport function off whenever you turn the car off. Obviously something is amiss here. I don’t even really know if the car is actually in sport mode or if the panel is just messing up. But if it is, I’m concerned about the resulting wear & tear of driving in sport all the time.

Sport mode is a software feature. When the car is in sport mode, some of the engine tuning parameters will change and the transmission shift points will be higher to emphasize performance over fuel economy. There won’t be any affect on the vehicle except that you might see a difference in gas mileage. However, is does indicate a problem in the control system and you should have it checked out when you can. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out and scan your Nissan to see what may be the problem.