Q: Do you have to remove the transmission to repair the clutch/flywheel on a 2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S?

asked by on December 13, 2016

I just had my clutch/flywheel replaced and I picked it up and now it's causing a pop sound when I make a sharp turn when I'm trying to park in a parking spot or when backing up while my wheels are turned all the way to the right or left. BMW told me it is a back axle problem, I had another opinion from a shop that repair Mini Coops and he said it's a differentials or internal transmission problem not an axle problem. That's why I asked the above question if the transmission have to be removed to repair the clutch/flywheel on a 2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S?

You do have to remove the transmission transaxle to replace the clutch on this car. If problem did not start until you had clutch done then take back to where clutch was done.