Q: Car hesitates on startup, battery drain - 2011 Suzuki Kizashi

asked by on September 21, 2016

When I start the car, it begins hesitating. The battery was drained when I checked the other day. I had the battery replaced, but there is obviously something draining its power. I thought maybe there is an issue with the alternator. Do you have any idea what amps are required for the alternator on this model to work properly?

Check the battery drain with an amp meter, removing fuses one circuit at a time to see which circuit is draining power. Once the bad circuit is isolated, diagnose further with a wiring diagram for the components and wiring for that circuit. If you would like to have this checked, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the battery issue and proceed with proper repair.