Q: EPS light stays on 2008 Hyundai Elantra

asked by on November 28, 2016

I have been driving my car for a while now and i just noticed that the EPS light stays ON. The steering is a bit stiffer. What could be wrong? Is it possible that it gets stiff on the highway while on top speed thereby causing an accident??

Hi there - your car uses electrically-assisted power steering, which is failing. There is a Recall issued for this problem (15V100000) from Hyundai. Have your vehicle repaired by Hyundai as soon as possible - since this problem will only become more severe, and is a safety issue.