Q: How often should you replace drive belt on 2008 dodge ram

Looking to buy used dodge ram from dealer. 2008 dodge 1500 v8 4 door 4wheel drive 126000 miles on it. Should I have them replace the drive belt before I buy it?

A: The recommended replacement interval for al...

The recommended replacement interval for all of the belts on the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 is 120,000 miles so yes the belt should be replaced if it is the original belt. There are many other components and systems on the vehicle that should be thoroughly inspected, though, if you have not done so already. YourMechanic offers a comprehensive pre-purchase inspection and such an inspection would assist you in making the wisest possible decision and, if need be, seeing to it that other deficits in the vehicle are addressed or that the price is adjusted accordingly. Please let us know if you have further concerns or would like to set up an inspection.