Q: new key and theft deterrent module

asked by on December 21, 2016

I have a new unlearned key and a new theft deterrent module also unlearned is it possible to relearn them together?

Unfortunately, I believe on GM vehicles the key and the theft deterrant module both require programming from the dealership. I am also pretty sure that these are two separate procedures and therefore my cost more for labor. Without the proper programming tools to program keys and computer modules, unfortunately the dealership is one of the only options. I would recommend calling around to different service facilities to get different quotes on this particular service.