Q: Getting error codes P0340 and P0011

asked by on February 14, 2016

I am getting error codes P0340 and P0011.

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

These codes both indicate a problem with the cam sensor for bank 1, or A, on the passenger’s side of the engine. Whether the sensor has failed and no other problems exist would need to be verified. I would recommend to replace both bank 1 and 2 sensors as a pair, since they are the same age, and the other may fail within a short period of time. I recommend that you have a mechanic, like the ones from YourMechanic, come by and check your car to verify whether your camshaft position sensor requires replacement.