Q: Windshield wipers stopping in upright position.

My windshield wipers are working; however, they stay stuck in the upright position when turned off. I was advised that this commonly occurs in cold weather, and is caused by a loose nut.

I recently had the wiper arm nut come loose on my Ford truck - in the middle of a blizzard! Needless to say, that was not the way I wanted to spend Thanksgiving. Anyhow, you can loosen the nut to remove the wiper arm. However, your problem most likely lies in the park mechanism inside the wiper motor, the park circuit or the intermittent wiper unit. A qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can troubleshoot and repair your wipers.

3. Windshield wipers stopping in upright position.