Took my dodge avenger in for oil change shortly after i h...

Took my dodge avenger in for oil change shortly after i heard a ticking a few days later a louder ticking and i’ve replaces the cam shaft and crank shaft and it it still doing it Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you ...

Took my dodge avenger in for oil change shortly after i heard a ticking a few days later a louder ticking and i’ve replaces the cam shaft and crank shaft and it it still doing it Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on? Four days and i thought it was in the oil area i think a rod could be bent Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Avenger? 2013 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far? Change the cam shaft sensors and the crank shaft sensor also dropped the oil pan out to see if any thing fell in side Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No i believe thats it

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Ok, is it a ticking or knocking noise? Have you used either a piece of tube or mechanic's stethoscope to listen at the valve covers and at the oil pan to see where the noise is amplified?

it's a loud tickingno i'm just a regular person with no skillsno thanks i’m good typing
Automotive Expert
HI Ok, you will need to put the oil pan back on and put in new oil and crank engine. Take a length of vacuum hose or other tube and place one end on a valve cover and the other end to your ear and see if noise is amplified. Do at the other valve cover. If noise is, you likely have a collapsed or sticking lifter. This may be due to a defective oil filter, so change it and add some Lucas oil treatment to the engine oil. Now see if the noise quietens or goes away If it does not, will need to replace the lifters on the side that the noise was amplified Thanks for using Just Answer and letting me help you. I hope I provided what you needed. If you find more help is still needed, let me know by listing out any remaining questions you have on this concern. I hope the remainder of your day is well.

thank u
Automotive Expert
you are welcome

how do u fix the lifter
Automotive Expert
HI No easy job, you have to pull the cylinder head, which means removing the timing chain.

i know it is the lifter so while the cover of the whatever it's called is off i can just do itfmlwhat tool is required for that chainam i asking too many questions
Automotive Expert
HI I would try replacing the oil filter and adding some Lucas oil treatment first to see if it will unstick the lifter or allow it to pump back up with pressure It requires alot of speciality tools. You would want to get a repair manual for this if you have never done this type of work.

i'm gonna have to start an only fans to pay for this
Automotive Expert
sorry about the bad news

okay i will try the oil change first
Automotive Expert
hi ok, sounds good and good luck

Before i got this oil change it was fine and then it wasn't so do i think the oil filter that was put in was bad ?or just bad luck
Automotive Expert
HI Very, very possible it is a defective oil filter that the antidrain back valve is not working inside it which creates a low oil pressure issue, meaning not enough oil is being pumped to the top of the engine where the lifters are. About 1/2 the time, replacing the filter and adding lucas oil treatment 100% resolves the issue.

Thank u Eric u have been very helpful to this momma have a great night now if i have a question tomorrow will i be able to contact u
Automotive Expert
you are welcome and yes. just text back to here. I am here all day, everyday

okay well i drive the car and it was doing good and then all of a sudden the radiator hose blew up
Automotive Expert
HI That would be from pressure build up which can be from a faulty pressure cap, sticking thermostat, head gasket, water pump.