Q: What should I know about the keys?

What should I know about the keys?

Like many other vehicles on the road today, your car keys are more than just “keys.” They combine a mechanical key with a remote, as well as computer functionality. Your Fusion should be equipped with two keys, both of which are “Intelligent Keyhead Transmitters.” The mechanical key connects to the remote (the back), and also serves as a conduit to connect the car’s ignition system to the chip in the remote of the key.

Both of your keys are programmed for the car itself. You can’t use an un-programmed key to crank the car. If one of your keys loses its programming, it will have to be reprogrammed before it will crank the car again.

You should also have two identification/security labels (one for each key). Save these in a safe place, as they provide important information if you ever have to have the keys recut.

Tip

Always keep a spare key handy.

3. What should I know about the keys?