Q: How do you use the automatic heater and air conditioner?

How do you use the automatic heater and air conditioner?

If your car is equipped with an automatic climate control system, using it is actually very simple. Here’s what you need to know.

1. For the heater and air conditioner to work in auto mode, you need to first press the auto button located on the right of the control panel.

2. Once you’ve turned it to auto, you just need to set the temperature that you want (driver and passenger sides can have different temperatures).

3. To set dual climate control functionality, just press the button labeled dual.

4. Once you have the temperature set and the system turned to auto, it will automatically adjust between heating and cooling to maintain the preset temperature in the car.

Tips

• You can take control of the heating and air conditioning yourself by pressing the auto button again.

• Note that defrost (front and rear) is not built into the auto climate control. You can adjust these with the controls on the heating and air conditioning system. There’s a separate button for both front and rear defrost.

3. How do you use the automatic heater and air conditioner?