Q: Honda CRV 2005 VSA light on car is shaking while driving

asked by on July 16, 2017

Hi, I'm currently doing a six hour drive from Bishop CA to Los Angeles. On the way back, the VSA light turned on and the car was rumbling a bit. We looked through the manual and still weren't sure. We don't know if we should tow our car or keep driving. There are no open mechanics in the area we are in. Could you possible give us some advice on what might be wrong and how important is this feature?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The VSA (vehicle stability assist) light comes on steadily when there is a problem. If it blinks, it means the system is actively working to control the car and help it steer. If the vehicle is shaking, it may be an issue with the system, or an issue with the tires or suspension that is effecting the system. Only further inspection will tell. You will want to start by scanning the vehicle for diagnostic codes to find out specifically why the light has illuminated. If the scan does not give you any information, start by balancing the tires and checking for excessive wear. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr