Q: Where do I find the vehicle identification number?

Where do I find the vehicle identification number?

The vehicle identification number, or VIN, for your car gives a lot of information about the vehicle. You’ll also need it for titling purposes, for insurance and in many other situations.

The information contained in the VIN includes where it was made, the type of transmission it originally had, the model year, the type of engine and more. You can find the VIN on the placard against the windshield on the driver side of the dash. It should also appear on the driver side door placard, along with information about tire size, air pressure and other vital details.

3. Where do I find the vehicle identification number?