Q: Rattling noise from rear brake area

I can hear a rattling noise coming from the car. The dealership suggested the rear brake wheel bearing, including the hub, needs to be replaced.

Hub bearing issues are common. The hub bearing noise does not typically sound like a rattle, but more like a roaring type noise. In extreme cases, the hub can separate from the bearing. This can be dangerous if you are driving. The noise sometimes can be louder when turning in one direction vs the other. If you want a second opinion seek a qualified technician to diagnose the noise and get you running smoothly again.