Q: Car barely going and dying

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car starts fine, but when I am driving and accelerating my car barely goes, and sometimes dies.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This can be caused by a number of different problems. Most of the time it occurs when the fuel pressure is low due to a failing fuel pump. It can also be a bad sensor, such as the air flow sensor or a clogged catalytic converter. A mechanic would typically start by scanning the computer for codes. Any codes that may be present in the computer would help point them in the right direction. If there are no codes then the fuel pressure would need to be checked first with a fuel pressure gauge. If you plan on having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a mechanic can come and diagnose why your car is dying on you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr