Q: Radiator blew

I was driving to work, as soon as I parked my car it started smoking and I seen pink liquid coming from bottom. Opened hood and fluid was coming out of radiator where the hose connects. What could cause this and is it expensive to fix?

This can happen for a number of reasons, however, the smoking and liquid leaking is a sign that your car has overheated. This can happen when the thermostat is not working properly or the coolant fans are not coming on as they should (usually a relay not working). This can also happen when your engine has a blown cylinder head gasket which can cause major engine damage. To get a more accurate assessment, I recommend having a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your car’s location to inspect the cooling system for leaks and have this diagnosed and repaired properly.