Q: Radiator blew

I was driving to work, as soon as I parked my car it started smoking and I seen pink liquid coming from bottom. Opened hood and fluid was coming out of radiator where the hose connects. What could cause this and is it expensive to fix?

A: This can happen for a number of reasons, ho...

This can happen for a number of reasons, however, the smoking and liquid leaking is a sign that your car has overheated. This can happen when the thermostat is not working properly or the coolant fans are not coming on as they should (usually a relay not working). This can also happen when your engine has a blown cylinder head gasket which can cause major engine damage. To get a more accurate assessment, I recommend having a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your car’s location to inspect the cooling system for leaks and have this diagnosed and repaired properly.