Q: Can a bad canister purge valve cause my car to shake/vibrate under the hood when i brake or make constant stops?

I was recommended to replace my Canister purge valve. The car symptoms are shaking/vibrating from under the hood during stops. As soon as I accelerate and keep a consistent speed the vibrations go away. This happens frequently due to the high volume of traffic. I brake constantly and that is when the vibrations become more noticeable and tend to last for longer periods of time. I've also noticed that it takes more pressure on the gas pedal to accelerate than normal. My car doesn't overheat at all when this happens, but i do have the check engine light on.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

First thing to check is the problem codes that are setting your Check Engine light on. While it is true that fumes from the vapor canister are pulled into the engine during "coast down" when there is high vacuum in the engines intake (the purge valve controls this), this may not be your problem. I would recommend a having professional diagnose the Check Engine codes that are appearing. This will help the mechanic pinpoint the problem and move forward with repairs.

3. Can a bad canister purge valve cause my car to shake/vibrate under the hood when i brake or make constant stops?