Q: What would cause a spring kind of noise from the brake pedal of my 2017 Ford Mustang

Hello. When I slowly release the brake pedal, the spring-kind noise is coming from the brake pedal itself. It seems to do often when in low speeds. It is quite different clanking or squealing sound so I cannot figure out. The dealership initially thought it was coming from the brake switch but even after replacing that, the sound is still there. I can further send video of the noise if it could help. Please help me!

Hello. Typically this is caused by the brake return spring of the brake pedal assembly. The spring itself will rub on the surrounding metal and cause this to occur. Most of the time the spring can be moved slightly or lubricated to repair this. Being that the vehicle is still very new I would suggest that you take it to the dealer to have it repaired under warranty. Advise them to take a look specifically at this.

3. What would cause a spring kind of noise from the brake pedal of my 2017 Ford Mustang