Q: loud constant click noise like machine gun kind of

My van make a loud clicking noise kinda like a machine gun. It does this only in drive when accelerating never in nuetral or park. sound goes away if gas isn't pushed it is constant in drive and when reversing the clicking isn't so close together it is more of a popping.

A: Hello. I will help you with your concern ab...

Hello. I will help you with your concern about the unusual clicking noises in your 2003 Windstar. The car has to be diagnosed in person of course but noises of the type you are describing are often due to failed outboard constant velocity (CV) joints on the drive axles that connect the transmission to the wheels. If the outer joint has worn out typically the entire axle (also known as a CV half shaft) is replaced (one or "both" axles might need replacing) as it is not economical to just repair the joint. A CV axle replacement is not uncommon and can easily be done on a mobile basis at your home. If you would like a definitive diagnosis of the problem, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's home or office to inspect the clicking noise and help you proceed with repairs.