Q: I am going to replace my fuel pump and I need advice

its not getting gas at 4000 rpms at 40 or so mph it cuts out and wont give gas. issue started miner it would hesitate a few seconds then get back to running strong.

Diagnosing a hesitant engine will take some testing and the process of elimination. Being 10 years old, the vehicle is likely due for some work, and you should keep any recent repairs in mind while looking into this. Considering the age of the vehicle, but not knowing the mileage, the fuel pump is a very likely culprit, especially if you know for a fact there is a lack of fuel at a certain point. A faulty fuel pump will need to be replaced. You should also use this opportunity to clean your fuel injectors, and you should always replace your fuel filter when replacing the pump. A clogged fuel filter will not help if the pump is wearing down. Updating these three components will make a tremendous difference in the driveability of the vehicle, as they are bound to be worn at this point. But, a troublesome throttle can also cause these issues. Make sure the throttle body is clean, and the throttle cable is in good working condition. If you would like any professional assistance with this, consider contacting a certified mobile technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose and repair your engine’s hesitation.