Q: Car sometimes won't accelerate but it will rev

I have this issue some days and it's always just in the mornings and it started recently. I'd change gears from park to rear and it made the car Shake a bit as a changed gears, and then once it's on rear I press the gas and it won't accelerate but the rpm's will go up to sometimes 4. I'll change the gear back to park and while I do that it makes the car kind of shake again and makes a weird noise. I'll turn off the car for a few minutes and when I turn it on a little wrench light pops up next to the check engine light. The car shifts smoothly to rear and I can get out and it shift smoothly to drive again but after a little but I'll press on the gas but if won't let me go past about 30 mph and the rpm's go up really high the more I press the gas. Please help me find out what's wrong

A: Hi there: The symptoms you're describi...

Hi there:

The symptoms you're describing can be caused by multiple issues within the vehicle's driveline including; transmission, transmission linkage, or the front transaxle. In some instances, it's an indication of low transmission fluid or damage to hydraulic lines that power the transmission; while in other instances it can be a bad sensor or damage to the flywheel. The best way to eliminate the guesswork is to contact one of our local mechanics and have them test drive your Ford and complete a vehicle is vibrating inspection. When a good mechanic test drives a vehicle, it makes diagnosing the problem much easier.