Q: Gages won't move and car needs a jump to start.

When I go to start my car I always need a jump in order for it to start, my gages don't work they'll move and then go back to the bottom and stay there even my gas gage doesn't move. The security light will come on sometimes and the battery light comes on. Can you tell me what might be wrong with the car because I've tried everything I can think of.

Hi there:

The problem with electrical issues is that without being there to diagnose the problem, it’s hard to tell you exactly what’s wrong. Some of the common reasons why your car won’t start based on the symptoms you’ve described include a bad battery, issues with the alternator, or fuse box. The best thing we can recommend is for you to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics who can diagnose your starting issue at your home or office to determine what might be wrong.