Q: Range Rover displayingTransmission fault limited gears only

Hello, there is a error that occur on the board computer of car. "Transmission fault limited gears only". actually all gears work however when it changes from 2nd to 3rd it pushes car a little bit forward not as normal. I wonder what is the reason of this problem. I hope you will handle it. Thanks advance

Your car has an electronically controlled transmission which shares sensors with the other systems on your car. The controller has detected a fault somewhere and is compensating for the problem by altering its shifting program. The problem could be internal to the transmission or it could be in the network of sensors on your car. All of the sensors on your car that detect engine, speed and braking conditions also provide information to the transmission controller. A full scan of the systems should present some trouble codes that can point you to the problem. A generic scanner like the ones they use at Auto Zone will not do the trick in this case. It has to be done with Land Rover appropriate equipment. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come out to your home or office to scan the systems on your car and let you know what can be done about it.