Q: Dome light not working right

The dome light in my car is not working properly. I had the headliner replaced, and now when I have the switch in the "door" position. The light stays on all of the time (doors either being open or closed). The light obviously has power, and I can manually turn it on and off. Just would like to have the light work properly in the "door" switch position so that I can see properly when it's dark out. I think the wire is now being grounded somewhere between the dash and dome light.

A: Hello. It sounds like whoever did your head...

Hello. It sounds like whoever did your headliner either grounded some wires to the system or damaged the switch itself. The switch is most common cause of the problem you are having and a replacement of it will fix it. A certified technician should diagnose this electrical problem, but since you just had the headliner replaced, the person who did it should check to see if anything was damaged while replacing the headliner.