Q: I just bought a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 3.3 v6. I had the oil changed snd 5.5 arts didn't show on stick. 6 barely did.

I just bought this and had the oil changed at a fast Lube place. 5.5 qrts didn't show up at all on the dip stick so we added a half qrt more for a total of 6. That barely registered on the very tip of the dip stick, still below the low mark. Why?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle should take 6 quarts of oil with a new filter. Make sure the dip stick is fully inserted and getting a proper reading. Also make sure you are checking the level after the car has sit for several minutes and the oil has re-accumulated in the pan where the measurement is being taken. If you check it immediately after it ran, the oil is still dispersed in the engine, and you will get a low reading. If the dipstick is still reading too low, you may have a leak somewhere. A leak doesn’t necessarily have to show on the ground, as it can be internal. For the engine to have consumed the oil, it would have had to be started and ran for a little while. You also may have seen smoke. If you need more help with finding the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I just bought a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 3.3 v6. I had the oil changed snd 5.5 arts didn't show on stick. 6 barely did.