Q: What does the brake system Warning Light mean in a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze?

What does the brake system Warning Light mean?

The brake system Warning Light is located on the instrument cluster, and illuminates when there is an issue with your brake system. If the brake system Warning Light comes on while you are driving, it will be accompanied by a chime, to help get your attention. Since the brake system is the most important safety feature in your vehicle, you should stop driving and get your brake system inspected immediately.

Tip

Like all warning lights, the brake system Warning Light will illuminate when the ignition is turned on but the engine is not yet running. You should only be concerned with the brake system Warning Light if it stays lit after the engine has been turned on.

• What does the brake system Warning Light mean in a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze?