Q: 2011 Malibu starts and dies right away.

asked by on February 06, 2017

I was driving my 2011 2.4L malibu on Interstate and it died. Waited a few minutes, it started and got it home. Next day started drove a couple miles and died while driving again. Now it starts and dies and won't stay running.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like you have a fuel pump failing. What may be happening is the fuel pump runs for a few minutes, heats up, then shuts down. I’ve experienced this same condition in my history. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car starts then dies inspection.