Q: keeps running after Off

I turned off my GMC. I took the key out of the ignition and the truck continued to run! What in the world is wrong with my truck?

A: Hello. This is a common problem with GM veh...

Hello. This is a common problem with GM vehicles. The ignition gets stuck in the run position and the car will continue to run even though you have turned it and the key came out. This problem is most easily solved by replacing the ignition and having the key reprogrammed to the car’s security system. It may be necessary to have a locksmith come to assist with reprogramming the key. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location and inspect the issue. They will be able to replace your ignition lock assembly if necessary and make the correct repairs.