Q: Car shaking when braking over 50 MPH

I recently replaced my aftermarket brake pads and rotors. Now, the car shakes terribly when braking at speeds over 50 MPH. At lower speeds, I can feel pulsations around 14 to 30 MPH, but only while stopping downhill. I did not have this problem before replacing the rotors and brake pads. The rotors are slotted and drilled, with all eight ceramic brake pads.

A: It sounds as though you may have a warped s...

It sounds as though you may have a warped set of rotors. This is not that uncommon when replacing rotors. Furthermore, the surface where the rotor mounts to the spindle should be clean; if the area has a build-up of rust, then the new rotor may not be setting flat. Most likely, the new rotors are warped, in which case you will want to have them swapped-out with a new set; hopefully your parts supplier will be amenable to this. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come by to check the rotors, and run a thorough diagnostic on your shaking while braking issue.