Q: The truck won't shift out of park so thinking that it's the park shift interlock solenoid? Is that a good possibility that's what

Have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 v8 4x4 MAGNUM Laramie SLT. Everything runs good & still looks good & no issues or leaks or check engine lights on. Just won't shift out of park. Want to know if it's a good possibility that it's the park shift interlock solenoid that's causing this issue & if so how much is that to replace on this specific truck?

A: Hi there. First thing to check would be, wh...

Hi there. First thing to check would be, whether the brake lights are functioning at the time it won't shift out of park. There is a possibility, there is a poor connection at the fuse. It could be, a faulty brake light switch not supplying power to the shift interlock solenoid. There may be, a poor connection or wiring concern. It could be, a faulty shift interlock solenoid. I recommend having your vehicle's shifting issue be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.