Q: Brakes not working

I recently had the parking brakes replaced and they are not working again. The brakes do not work as well.

A: Hi there. I believe your vehicle has drum b...

Hi there. I believe your vehicle has drum brakes in rear. Pulling the parking brake lever forces these shoes against the drum. If the rear brakes were not adjusted correctly after installation, the parking brake will not hold. Incorrect adjustment or installation of the brake shoes may also result in poor braking performance. However, if you mean your brakes don't work at all, then you have a problem somewhere in the brake hydraulic system. Brakes are a safety issue, so I suggest you have your vehicle's brake system inspected as soon as possible.