Q: Steering wheel not turning the wheels

asked by on February 01, 2016

The steering wheel turns, but the wheels do not. I can hear a loud knocking sound as the steering wheel turns.

Steering wheel does not turn car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are several different possibilities for a hard-to-turn steering wheel with a knocking noise. These noises could indicate the shocks are worn; suspension bushings, ball joints, or tie rods have failed. I would have a certified mechanic diagnose and fix your steering issues to get your car safely back on the road.