Q: Check engine light and traction control light came on at same time.

Both light came on and can't use traction control button to shut off. No noises, runs fine.

Hi, thanks for writing in. A diagnostics has to be run on the vehicle to determine why the lights are on. They are most likely related but the only way to be certain as to what the cause is, is to scan the system. Unfortunately, the traction control button is not the solution.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.