Q: Popping sound when turning.

Had a friend look at my car I got the ball joints and tie rod ends on both sides replaced. I hear a pop sound whenever I turn the wheel it's coming from the front of the driver side of the car. We looked underneath and the driver side bracket of the sway bar is bent and the bushing is dry rotted. The other isn't bent but bad bushing if I'm correct. Could this be causing the loud pop. He checked the boots for the axles on both sides and they looked good. It looks as if the previous owner ramped something to damage the bracket.

Hello, It is quite possible that a bent bracket will cause a popping sound as you describe. When a car makes a sharp turn, the part of the bar on the outside of the turn gets pushed down toward the road and the part of the car on the inside of the turn rises up. This is known as roll which happens 10 to 30 degrees toward the outside of the turn. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.