Q: Engine cuts off and electrical components malfunction - 1995 Oldsmobile Delta 88

I think my car has some electrical problems. After I get it started and drive for about 15 minutes, the engine would shut off. Then, the electrical components would start malfunctioning. Also, there would be some chattering coming from the relay on the firewall. The operating temperature goes no higher than 160. After the car sits for a while, I have no problems starting the car. It also runs well. I've noticed that the fuel pump works properly and keeps pressure. What might be the problem?

Relays provide for managed power distribution. A chattering relay is a failure mode where the electrical contacts are burned and aren’t delivering power. I would have a professional mechanic identify which relay is chattering and determine how relevant that relay is to the "engine shut off" and other electrical issues you describe. A local expert, like one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the stalling problem, inspect the electrical components, and guide you through repairs.

3. Engine cuts off and electrical components malfunction - 1995 Oldsmobile Delta 88