Q: Can a flywheel cause damage to a clutch plate?

So I recently had my flywheel machined from a 3rd party and bought a new clutch. After driving the car I noticed a shudder. Took it back to mechanic. Mechanic said flywheel has a high spot. Person who skimmed flywheel said that the mechanics must have bent the clutch plate. I am wondering if the warped flywheel maybe caused the new clutch plate to bend? There is a 5mm high spot on flywheel even after it was allegedly skimmed. Who is responsible for my new clutch plate being bent?

A: This cannot be blamed on either party since...

This cannot be blamed on either party since the flywheel would show a spot that is low or high after it was machined. The flywheel may have what is called a "hot spot" from the last clutch slip which caused the flywheel to get hot, creating a hardened spot that would be hard to machine. At this point, replacing the flywheel and clutch with new parts will definitely solve the issue.

If you'd like a second opinion on this problem, consider enlisting a certified mechanic who can diagnose the shuddering you're experiencing and perform the necessary checks on these components to find what exactly is at fault.