Q: Cost estimate for rear main seal replacement

Estimated cost to replace rear main seal.

Billing question for to replace the rear main seal (rear crankshaft seal) on a 2003 Lexus GS300 with a L6-3.0L engine.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

i have a 97 chevy 1500 and when i drive it will not shift from first ita a automatic should i replace a Solenoid for do i need to

The solenoid can be tested. Other possible causes of failure to shift out of 1st gear are low fluid level, faults in the throttle position sensor, vehicle speed sensor, slipping band and so forth. If it is the original transmission,...

screw edge of sidewall

Hi there. The general policy on repairing tires with a screw or nail, is that the puncture needs to be contained within the tread of the tire, up to 1/2" from the sidewall. Due to this fact, when there is...

Would it be my starter if I turn the key and all I hear is a click

Hi there. It's possible that your starter is faulty if you turn the ignition key and you only hear a single click. However, in most cases, a faulty starter will send multiple clicks - quite rapidly. It is more likely...

Engine bogs down

Hello there. Many common faults will cause your 1970 Chevrolet 350 engine to bog down. The most common faults are engine running to rich, improperly adjusted throttle linkage, fuel pressure to high, or a vacuum leak. A qualified technician, such...

driving and car cut off brakes lock and it want start even though it will turn over like it is going to start

The brakes need the engine to run to supply vacuum to the brake booster. This is why brakes are hard. The engine cut off can be from several reasons including a broken timing belt, bad fuel pump and loss of...

Car knocking from low oil

Hi there. Running low on engine oil makes the metal parts inside the engine rub against each other without being properly lubricated. This can cause major internal damage to any or all the components that rely on a steady supply...

How do I turn on the cargo lights?

There are two different ways to turn on the cargo lights. Start by locating the headlight knob, which is to the left of your steering column. Directly underneath your knob, on the left side, is the cargo light button....