Q: Deglazing brake pads in 2012 Camaro SS

2012 Camaro SS. What's the best way to go about deglazing brake pads? I've got new pads and rotors but they still go on squealing when the brakes heat up. Any ideas?

A: If you have new pads and new rotors, they s...

If you have new pads and new rotors, they shouldn’t be squealing. Odds are that you have poor pads. I would go out and get a higher quality pads. I personally like Akebono, a Japanese brand. They are really quiet pads. They cost a bit more, but I had people that had rotors that are really worn with worn out pads, and the customers didn’t want to spend much money so all I did was put Akebono pads and left the worn out rotors and it didn’t make a sound. I’d start trying that if I were you, because if you tried the new pads that make noise, the problem is they are cheaply made. The Akebono ceramic pads are really made well and they really don’t make noise. If you need help with your brake pads or brake rotors replacement, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to help you with these tasks.