Q: Driver stability control failure

While I was driving the car yesterday, it started running a bit unusual. This was followed by the warning light coming on on the dashboard, which indicated the driver stability control failure. I kept driving the car and it didn't shut off at any point. The battery is fine also. What does this mean?

A: Hello. This usually means that the car’s tr...

Hello. This usually means that the car’s traction control and stability control system has a problem and is now disabled. The stability control maintains stability when cornering at high speeds, traction in slippery wet conditions, and provide controlled braking when traction is reduced. It is not good for the system to be disabled and it should be addressed as soon as possible. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the stability control system and make recommendation for necessary repairs.