Q: I have a 97bmw528i And i fixed my air intake boot on it and drove fine for that day next day the car would barely move the more I

asked by on April 14, 2017

Hello im having a major problem with my 96 BMW 528i I had a air leak in the rubber upper air intake boot it was dry rotted I changed it and drove the car after and it drove fine parked it and the next mourning I started the car and the traction control light is on and the car barely moves in d or reverse when I say barely moves I mean I press the gas pedal nothing but rpms go up and car just revs and just slowly rolls my check engine light is on I used my car MDscan tool and got a few codes but only 1 transmission code p0730 I think my fluid is dirty because previously my transmission was slipping so I thought maybe it was low on fluid and bought some Lucas synthetic transmission fluid for older foreign cars I really don't know what type of fluid was in there before I put that in so I'm thinking maybe my filter is clogged could that be the issue please help there is no gearbox light or transmission light on car won't move just revs up

Code P0730 is linked to the problem you are describing. Therefore, it’s worth ruling in or out the typical causes of code P0730 which include dirty transmission fluid, low fluid, blocked filter, broken mechanical components within transmission, internal blockage in fluid lines, bad transmission control module, problems with the torque converter clutch, problems with the shift solenoids and so forth (other causes listed in Factory Service Manual, as well as a diagnostic decision tree). If you want these diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic - DTC Code P0730 and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.