I drove through a large puddle and water went over the ro...

Q: I drove through a large puddle and water went over the roof,now my car shakes tremendously,can i still save her?

asked by on August 30, 2017

I really love this car shes been loyal to me,she usually shakes a whole lot and i thought it was from misfiring from the coils..until today i drove through a rather large puddle forcefully and now she cant stop shaking almost as if she wants to stall and die. Is there hope?

It sounds like you may have potentially got some of the critical sensors wet, which can cause them to send erratic signals to the vehicle’s computer system. For example, if a crankshaft position sensor gets wet or is otherwise unable to produce a proper signal to the computer, this may cause problems with ignition timing resulting in the car misfiring or shaking as you describe. If the ignition coils got wet, this may also cause this type of shaking as a result of them misfiring. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to properly determine what may be causing this.