Q: When turning the key to start the car sometimes the engine turns over and starts sometimes it doesn't .

asked by on February 06, 2017

Already cleaned the battery terminals what next ?

Battery is dead Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Be sure you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test. Starters motors can display intermittent operation if they are faulty. With a fully charged battery, if the starter motor does not run that signifies an electrical problem in the starter circuit or a problem with the starter motor itself. If there is power to the starter motor and yet it doesn’t run, the starter is condemned and replaced. Alternatively, if there is no power to the starter, or there is a big voltage drop anywhere on the circuit to the starter, then the circuit has to be traced until the fault in the circuit is found. Notably, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. Regardless of what the underlying cause of the no start condition is, if you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this promptly, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.