Q: Is there a way to find what past work has been done on my used vehicle?

Bought my rig a few months ago. Would like to keep it maintained properly but not sure what work has been done on it already. I have a Carfax but it just says something generic like "vehicle serviced". I'm especially concerned about the spark plugs--been doing some research and, correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds like the plugs like to break when you remove them which turns into $1000s in repair work. Is there a way to find out when they were last changed? Or can you tell by looking at them? Is there some way to find out about any other work done as well?

Hi, thanks for writing in. There is not really a way to tell when and if the spark plugs were changed. A good mechanic, however will be able to remove them without breaking them and tell you whether or not they need to be replaced. A Carfax will generally not go into detail as to the specific parts that were replaced. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Is there a way to find what past work has been done on my used vehicle?