Q: My fuel gauge fluctuates between 1/4 and empty. A friend said that there was a way to reset it, it's supposed to be under the steering wheel.

My fuel gauge fluctuates between E and 1/4 tank. A friend told me that there was a way to reset it, he said it was under the dash beneath the steering wheel. He said that you use a paperclip or wire. Is this true?

There is no way to reset a fluctuating fuel gauge. The fuel gauge is bouncing or fluctuating for either the float in the fuel tank has a bad ground in the rheostat or the gauge cluster has a broke or damaged ground to the chassis. If you need further assistance with your fuel gauge fluctuating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My fuel gauge fluctuates between 1/4 and empty. A friend said that there was a way to reset it, it's supposed to be under the steering wheel.