Q: LED Headlights

I am looking to replace my stock headlights with LED headlights but I cannot find the right kind that fit the H11b socket.

Normally, yourmechanic would not speak to modifying vehicles, but my other half and myself had a 2012 Forte SX 5 door which I did some modifications on, now have a 2016 Forte5 EX ans well as a Sonata Sport 2.0T Limited. Hyundai and Kia are the same company basically. Not knowing which model Kia you have, I would still recommend staying away from LED headlight conversion bulbs. They seem to cast a lot of light close to the front of the car, but ultimate lighting down the road, is not that great as the stock headlight housings are not designed for them - reflector and lens. You are not going to see the type of brightness and pattern seen in newer vehicles equipped with LED headlights. I tried them with the 2012 Forte and was very disappointed. I wound up buying a set of projector-style headlights (halos and led trim line) and installed a HID conversion kit in them. MUCH better than the LEDs and was not disappointed. The 2016 Forte5 has projector-style headlights from the factory but no HID lighting. I installed the same HID conversion kit in this one and am very pleased. Otherwise, to get better lighting without spending a lot, you can simply get upgraded halogen bulbs. You can easily convert the bulb sockets inside the headlights to H11 bulbs, which are more common and have more upgrade choices. Do a search online for "H11b to H11 conversion harness". They’re inexpensive and easy to do.

3. LED Headlights